Read Selections From The Book
- Subscribe To Receive Your Visionary Troubadour Ebook When It’s Released:
I’m back from two months in East Africa, and I can’t get her off my mind.
She’s in my heart actually. This Africa woman!
We had just pulled into the farm, where my African brothers, Karumba and Kahungu grew up, and they were coming towards us… African men, women and children from all directions.
AND THEY WERE SINGING!
Hands raised to the sky, clapping, dancing as they sung in their native Kikuyu tongue. “Whaaaaaaaaaat is going on?” someone asked.
“They’re welcoming us,” Karumba answered.
We opened the side door to our van, and stepped out onto the bright green
grass, and they gathered in front of us, still singing. And that’s when I saw her.
African singing is often call and response. One person sings a line and then the group follows, either repeating the line or answering her with song. She was the one leading the song.
Eyes SO bright! Filled with gratitude and grace from the very soul of her being. She sang like this was her ONE CHANCE to sing in this lifetime!
Full on! Nothing held back. Shaking her hips, smiling soooo big… tears filled my eyes.
(I couldn’t help but notice the huge gap between her front teeth, and later thought to myself, most Americans would have hidden teeth like that… but not her!)
SHE SANG! AND SHE SMILED WITH PURE JOY! AND SHE DANCED!
And there was nothing between her and the sky! Between her and the trees and the river! Between her and God!
She was so full of life…
And surrounded by brothers and sisters. Men and women who sang when she sung, who followed her lead, who smiled as she smiled.
The song continued until we are all feeling so full of joy… feeling soooo… Welcome. I am moved by the very thought of her singing her song with her people.”
I know you have a song to sing—a song that moves you and your people to dance.
And I know from experience that there are different cultures and different ways of moving in the world that might free you to sing as you’ve never sung before.
I know that there are people all around this world, who will welcome you in ways that many of the people around you do not fully welcome you. When they see you coming and they hear your song, they will come from all directions singing to the heavens and dancing with delight.
When they sing their welcome to your heart, you will feel… home.
Can you hear the drums beating off in the distance?
Maybe it’s your tribe… Your people… Those who also love to learn, grow, evolve and give their gifts in a big way.
Their drums are inviting you to a party that is a lifestyle, a way of connecting with people, nature, source and life itself; a new way of giving your gift generously in the world, and being received generously.
I’ve come from the drum circle to be your guide, if you so desire. With your permission, I’ll take you down the path to the party deep in the jungle. As we walk I’ll share with you the wild adventures that these people—your people—are having right now.
These people—my people—are traveling the world, giving their gifts, being well received and well rewarded, learning fast, having wild adventure, connecting deeply to people and building real wealth.
My name is Michael Ivan Skye, founder of VisionForce, an organization that supports the Rising Visionaries—those like myself who are crazy enough to imagine that we can create a more harmonious world, and who are courageously doing something about it.
From late 2002 to the Spring of 2006 I was leading intense boot camps for entrepreneurs and visionaries in high-priced hotels. They were exciting times, but nothing like the excitement that was waiting for me. I had a deep yearning for far more adventure on my life’s path, and I started saying YES to heart-felt invitations to adventure—even when they led me to deviate from my vision.
In May of 2006 I made an irrational decision from my heart to go to Africa with some American high school students and teach an entrepreneurship course at a Kenyan high school. I didn’t know it then, but that would be the beginning of the end to years of struggling to find my place inside American culture.
I found so many more exciting adventures and a far bigger welcome awaiting me, once I moved beyond the limits of my culture. And, I’ve altered the way I offer my work in the world, so I can support and stand with those who deeply inspire me: visionary peacemakers like Thad, visionary mothers like Rachael, visionary entrepreneurs like Clovis.
You could say that I’ve had some wild experiences that struck a new and different chord for me. And over the years, I’ve put these chords together in a way that has created a new song for my life.
I call it The Visionary Troubadour.
It’s a path, a way of life.
And it guarantees profound adventure, deep connection to beautiful people, personal evolution, contribution to others and real wealth (far beyond the phantom wealth defined by fiat currency, cultural conquest and economic exploitation.).
This path is a new trend I’ve personally seen emerging all over the world on the horizons of difference-making on our planet, and I’d like to show it to you. You will likely sense right away whether it is for you or not.
It’s a path of adventure that is not for the timid.
This path is only for those who feel the tesão (pronounced “tazow,’ rhymes with ka-pow!). It’s a word I learned today from a Brasilian friend who is traveling with me in the Andes mountains of Argentina right now. It means something stronger and deeper than desire. You either feel tesão for something, or you don’t.
I haven’t mastered this path, as I am so new to it myself. But it is such a WILD, FUN RIDE that I must share it with you. I reckon that by sharing it with you, I may just be lucky enough to have you join me on this adventure.
To get the chapters to my adventure as they are released, including travel updates and invitations to join me on wild adventures around the world, enter your email here:
I’m guessing you’re not content to just make a difference and give your gift in these times of great change—You desire to live a prosperous life of LIMITLESS BIG ADVENTURE. Yes?
If so, consider that there’s an adventure waiting for you that is FAR juicier than you may have ever imagined.
It’s far juicier than the traditional difference-making paths of volunteerism, activism, petition signing, financial contributions, voting, prayer, meditation, working for a company that makes a difference, random acts of kindness, etc.
And even juicier than more visionary paths as an enlightened coach, healer, teacher, facilitator, social entrepreneur, green entrepreneur, etc.
I say the cultural boxes for visionary change-makers like you are just waaaaay too small and way too boring. Visionaries, evolutionaries, entrepreneurs and revolutionaries—we are not made to be boxed!
The life of individuals like us is about challenging the limits, exploring the unknown, creating the impossible and daring to live life full out.
And if the world ever needed visionaries—people crazy enough to sing a song born of their hearts, and move forward in generosity and trust, that time is now.
Humanity is facing a multitude of impending crises, and you have big gifts to give. But how can you be prosperous while giving your gifts in these times of accelerating change, and in times when the entire foundation of our culture seems to be crumbling beneath us?
Many so-called “success” and “spiritual” gurus tell you to do things that you just sense are somehow “off,” especially in these times of economic and social crises,
• Ready-Fire-Aim! (act fast without thinking or feeling)
• Fake it till ya make it! (mislead others)
• Learn to sell yourself or your gifts by creating scarcity, fear and guilt (manipulate other’s emotions)
• Buy the next course even if it means maxing out your last credit card,
• Convince your clients to go deeper into debt to work with you,
• Do whatever you can to beg, borrow or steal another $2,000 for a business course to learn how the guru made a million bucks on line last year with a new strategy (a strategy that may be obsolete by the time you implement it),
• Never give up! Nothing succeeds like success! (in times of great change, often what is needed is great humility and the ability to give up, rather than continuing to fake it till you make it and bring many others down with you)
This path is emerging as an alternative lifestyle for those who are waking up to the reality we face in these times of crisis.
Perhaps you’ve been realizing that,
• “Culture is not your friend” – ???
• “None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
• “Those who cast the votes decide nothing, those who count the votes decide everything.” – Josef Stalin
• “The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.” – H. L. Mencken
• “What your government does abroad today, it does at home tomorrow.” – Netctr.com
• “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by sword. The other is by debt.” – John Adams
• The American Dream right now of going into and working hard for 40 years to pay it off, then hoping to retire, travel and enjoy life is not cutting it anymore. You realize that Social Security may be insolvent and the stock market can destroy your wealth, and even the value of your property (Or maybe even more disturbing, that perhaps the system is working exactly as it was designed?)
• The fiat-based currencies around the world could wipe out the wealth you are working so hard to build overnight (as has happened multiple times here in Argentina, where I am living at the moment),
• The American Dream has become an American Nightmare, with so many people, governments and businesses deeply in debt that they can’t be trusted to care for you or to act transparently, honestly and with trustworthiness.
• Our “great leaders” in positions of authority simply don’t have much of a clue what to do, and,
• Perhaps “The problems, we have now in communities and societies are going to be resolved only when we are brought together by a common sense that each of us is a Visionary. Each of us must come to the realization that we can function and live at the level of Vision rather than following some great leader’s Vision. Instead of looking for a great leader, we are in an era where each of us needs to find that Great Leader in Ourselves.” – Werner Erhard
• Many current sales and business tactics intentionally promote scarcity, and that’s not something you desire to be a part of any longer.
• You desire to give your gifts freely, not excluding those who need you most because they don’t possess enough federal reserve notes.
• You’ve met people who move freely in the world giving their gifts, while having profound adventures and constant learning, and you are curious
• You have sensed, heard or seen that there are people who live with a far greater experience of abundance than many of the richest Americans, and wonder if other ways of life might serve your joy and freedom much better
• You’ve seen how America is growing less and less free even as tools and ideas for freedom expand, and you desire real freedom not the illusion of freedom that those who “believe” they are free have by virtue of simply being American.
• You’ve noticed the similarities between what is happening in America now, and what happened at the Fall of the Roman Empire.
I’ve been on a journey for quite a while that has taken me around the world and has opened up a realm of wealth, learning and adventure that is completely transforming my life.
It has opened me to countless new possibilities for giving one’s gift in the world, and I’d like to share it with you.
A New Way
As we venture to make a living while making a difference by giving our gifts and evolving ourselves as part of communities of folks who inspire us…
Could it be that almost ALL the struggles and challenges we’ve been experiencing DISAPPEAR, if we have the courage and sense of humor to move BEYOND our culture? Are we are willing to awaken from our cultural trances, and to see, hear and feel our world as it is? Can we then finally dance with abandon?
Most of us as coaches, spiritual teachers, healers, etc. have life/biz models boxed within the western cultural frame of “The American Dream.”
There’s a box somewhere with your name on it. Stuff yourself and your gift for the world inside, seal it, label it, sell it and ship it. I’m inviting you to take your box and shove it. The gift that you are is too damn beautiful for that box, so tell your American Success Guru, Music Industry Agent, Spiritual Teacher Shmeacher—or whoever is selling you a box—to take that box and… love it. Or something like that.
Consider that there are other paths, other dreams, other ways…
The Visionary Troubadour – A New Dream
The Visionary Troubadour lives abundantly and with ease in an economy of gifting and receiving, in an ecosystem where all are cared for, where individuals and all of life are honored… often in paradise locations that others only dream they can visit on vacation “some day.” They belong to deep and rich high-trust communities of generosity—often all around the world. They are always welcome… They seldom pay for housing, travel, coaching/mentoring/education, food, etc. They live a life of rich connection, high adventure and constant evolution. The world is their home.
Their paths, their gifts and their skills are many and varied… and they often give freely… pollinating the world with visions and ideas born of their hearts, with healing and love, with…
I’ll start this book by sharing some of my most transformative adventures over the last five years (and to a far lesser extent the previous thirty five years) as a way of showing how I came upon the “Visionary Troubadour” path.
Then I’ll share some of the emails I sent home to friends and family once FULLY on that path in the fall of 2010 from the Middle East up until now (July, 2011) in South America, so you can get a taste of the life I am talking about.
Then, I will help you to see how/if this path might be for you, and some suggestions on how to go about it.
Finally, I will connect you to different paradigms, peoples, concepts, resources and more, which will help to open this whole world up to you.
Are you ready?